Transport, logistics and transit
Raidla Lejins & Norcous has extensive experience working with companies that operate in the fields of transport, logistics and transit. The firms´ practice includes advice on cross-border contracts, taxation, regulatory compliance, environmental law, competition, insurance and financing related matters. The team has also represented clients in a number of litigation and arbitration matters, including public procurement disputes and disputes with regulators.
The firms’ client base includes oil transit companies, forwarding agents, warehouse keepers, insurance companies, ports, and shipping companies.
Participation in field-related legislation
Law of Obligations Act
Law of Property Act
Merchant Shipping Act
A selection of deals & cases
- Advising N-Trans in the sale of its shares in Global Ports to APM Terminals
- Advising Aktsiaselts E.R.S. in a dispute with the state concerning railway infrastructure fees established by the authorities
- Advising Rail Garant Estonia OÜ, one of the largest transport companies in Russia, in its agreement with aktsiaselts TALLINNA SADAM and Aktsiaselts EESTI RAUDTEE regarding co-operation to develop a container terminal in Muuga Harbor
- Advising leading shipping companies (Aktsiaselts Tallink Grupp, aktsiaselts HANSATEE CARGO) in claims against the state to return unconstitutional navigation fees
- Advising Aktsiaselts SILLAMÄE SADAM in connection to the construction of a cement terminal at the port in North-East Estonia (Sillamäe)
- Advising Aktsiaselts Saaremaa Laevakompanii concerning contracts on public regular services (passengers and goods)
- Advising BLRT Grupp Aktsiaselts, a shipbuilding company with shipyards in Estonia, Lithuania, Finland and Norway, in various corporate matters and disputes
- Advising AS Vopak E.O.S. in execution of agreements for the handling of oil products with different oil companies
- Advising Aktsiaselts Coal Terminal in the development of a new dry-bulk (coal) terminal in the Port of Muuga, Tallinn
- Advising Eurodek group, one of the largest Estonian oil terminal operator, in the restructuring of the group activities and preparation for the divestment of their certain companies in Estonia
- Advising AS DBT, the operator of a dry bulk terminal in the port of Muuga, Tallinn, in the extension of the terminal
- Advising AS E.O.S. in the acquisition and merger of Aktsiaselts Pakterminal into AS Vopak E.O.S.
- Advising the Ministry of Environment, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Inspectorate of Environmental Authority in their disputes in Estonian courts with the owner and insurer of the ship “Alambra” in connection with a major oil spill from “Alambra” at the Port of Muuga in 2000
- Advising AS VOPAK E.O.S. in a dispute with the Environmental Inspectorate concerning an oil spill and pollution charge for oil products discharged into the sea
- Advising Trafigura Beheer B.V. in the acquisition of shares in AS Alexela Logistics, a company operating an oil terminal in the port of Paldiski in Estonia
Arne Ots is advising Vopak EOS, the country’s largest port terminal operator, in a number of disputes with the state. Jüri Raidla and Jaanus Ikla advised Sillamäe Sadam on the sale of an oil shale handling terminal. Russian transport company Rail Garant is also a client.