Public Procurement and PPP
Raidla Lejins & Norcous has extensive experience in various Public Procurement and PPP (Public Private Partnership) projects. Our team has advised both procurement vendors and bidders in a number of business sectors including construction, IT, energy and infrastructure, transportation, government and public bodies and in PPP projects.
The firm is highly regarded for its work in representing parties in disputes in front of the Estonian Public Procurement Office as well as in Administrative Court procedures. This expertise covers disputes going up to Supreme Court as well as representing clients in administrative procedures related to procurement processes.
Participation in field-related legislation
Law of Obligations Act
Law of Property Act
Public Procurement Act
Ministries, the Development and Information Technology Centre of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (SMIT), the Centre of Registers and Information Systems (RIK), the Estonian Land Board, the Estonian Road Administration, Sihtasutus KredEx, E-Health Foundation, Tallinn 2011 Foundation et al
Local government authorities (cities - Tallinn, Keila, Pärnu; parishes - Muhu, Kihnu)
Legal persons governed by public law that organize public procurements (e.g. universities), government owned companies (Eesti Energia Aktsiaselts), hospitals (Viljandi, Pärnu)
Local and international organisations participating in procurements - from all major economic sectors: Enegry – Eesti Energia Aktsiaselts; IT & telecoms – AKTSIASELTS HELMES, Nortal AS, Elion Ettevõtted Aktsiaselts, aktsiaselts Regio, Sybase Solutions OÜ; Construction and planning – Nordecon AS, Ramboll Eesti AS, Wärtsilä Finland Oy; Transport - aktsiaselts Harjumaa Liinid, aktsiaselts Saarte Liinid; Education – Aktsiaselts Mainor; advertising and PR – THE DIVISION AS, OÜ Hamburg ja Partnerid OÜ
A selection of deals & cases
- Advising Elektrilevi OÜ, the main supplier of electricity in Estonia, in the public procurement for the supply and installation of nearly 630,000 remote-readable meters across Estonia
- Advising the national energy company Eesti Energia Aktsiaselts and its subsidiaries in conducting a number of complex and capacious international procurements, including development of windmill parks and purchase of energy blocks
- Advising Sihtasutus KredEx in the procurement for quick charging network and operator service of electric cars
- Advising the national energy company Eesti Energia Aktsiaselts regarding a dispute with Tallinn Environment Department over a waste disposal procurement
- Advising Aktsiaselts Harjumaa Liinid in a public procurement process up to Supreme Court related to public bus transportation in Tartu county
- Advising the leading listed construction group Nordecon AS in a number of public procurement disputes related to road construction (Aruvalla-Kose road, Loo-Maardu road, Jõhvi-Kukruse road), construction of infrastructure and other public projects (water management system of Maardu city, Ahtme thermal power plant, seaplane hangars in Tallinn Seaplane Harbour, reconstruction of railway crossings etc)
- Advising Wärtsila Finland Oy in a dispute related to the procurement for construction of two emergency power plants for Elering AS
- Advising Riigi Kinnisvara Aktsiaselts in connection to the renovation of several school buildings owned by City of Tallinn (establishment of the building title in favour of Riigi Kinnisvara Aktsiaselts together with renovation and further maintenance obligation and lease back of those buildings to the City of Tallinn)
- Advising AS Microlink Eesti (now Elion Ettevõtted Aktsiaselts) in a procurement of IT system by the Tallinn Education Department
- Advising the national energy company Eesti Energia Aktsiaselts in the procurement of new client management software. The project is certainly one of the largest software transactions in Estonian history
- Advising the Estonian Ministry of Social Affairs in the procurement of IT maintenance software
- Advising the Estonian Informatics Centre in a dispute over qualifications of participants in procurement for law enforcement statistics in the field of environment and development of data warehouse
- Advising a leading software development company aktsiaselts Regio in two IT system procurements of the Estonian Land Board
- Advising a leading software development company AKTSIASELTS HELMES in connection with several disputes related to different public procurement procedures
- Advising Tiigrihüppe Sihtasutus (a subordinate institution of the State of Estonia) in a public procurement dispute over purchasing laptop computers to every teacher in Estonia
- Advising the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communication in a dispute with Abobase Systems AS in connection their withdrawal from a contract to develop a common routing database for telephone and mobile numbers
"I can always be sure that our interests will be represented in the best way," says a satisfied client. Market sources value Toomas Vaher for his impressive experience and knowledge. Rising in the rankings this year, Arne Ots earns praise from peers for his professional prowess, and is described by commentators as a key figure within the team.
CHAMBERS EUROPE, 2012
Rising in the rankings this year, Arne Ots earns praise from peers for his professional prowess, and is described by commentators as a key figure within the team.
CHAMBERS GLOBAL, 2012
Strong individuals and an extensive caseload make Raidla Lejins & Norcous a leading firm for dispute resolution. Managing partner and litigator Toomas Vaher is president of the Estonian Bar; and practice head Arne Ots is expert in public procurement and white-collar crime cases.